Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fiestas Patrias: A few stories

So my family went to “el campo” the country for the four day weekend. It was BEAUTIFUL and I finally got to go running. I also picked up a good number of rocks from the river while I was there. We ate tons of empanadas, I played with kids (even two one and a half year old twin boys!), slept late and went to bed later and generally didn’t do the homework I had to do.


Funny story one. I came back from a run one day and needed a shower. As I was showering I noticed this thing by the drain, first I thought it was a dead mouse and almost freaked because one thing you do have to be careful of is the Hanta Virus from dead mice. It wasn’t a dead mouse, I decided, it looked more like a leaf, okay a leaf, I could deal with that. I finished my shower, got out and was drying off when the leave crawled across the shower floor….not a leaf a pretty big lizard minus the tail!!!! It’d been under the water the whole time and so hadn’t moved. YIKES. Made my family laugh a lot.


Second story is about how every doorway in the entire house is about as tall as my forehead. I’d been pretty good at ducking until one day I was coming back out of the kitchen and slammed the top of my head into the door. I fell to the ground and it hurt A LOT. I even had a goose egg on the top of my head. After my family realized I was okay they said I would never forget to duck again!

1 comment:

au.did. said...

Oh poor Ruth! I hope your head is okay.

One time when I lived in Exeter this lizard ran across the driveway and hissed at me and my brother. It was scary. Can't imagine taking a shower with one!

♥Amy